Have you always wanted to learn how to bake, but just never had the time? Devour this sweet opportunity and join us for our weekly series to Bake with Sharon!
Learn at least one new recipe every week! We will share the ingredient list ahead of time so you can prepare, and we will follow it up with the recipes so you can save your favorites.
CHOCOLATE NUTELLA PUDDING-DAIRY FREE
A fun way to store and serve this treat is to keep in jars and make parfaits with different toppings, or just add toppings when you serve them!
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
¼ cup cornstarch
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups dairy free milk, Almond works well. Can also be made with Whole Milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup Nutella
2 tablespoons unsalted vegan butter (if not dairy free can use regular unsalted butter)
Flaky sea salt
Crushed nuts of your choice
Granola (try Sharon’s recipe!)
Multiple Jars or airtight containers for storing
- Chop 4 oz. chocolate; set aside.
- Whisk ¼ cup cornstarch, ¼ cup sugar, ¼ cup cocoa powder, and 1 tsp. kosher salt in a medium saucepan.
- Very slowly stream in 3 cups milk, whisking constantly, until lump-free.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly and vigorously, until pudding is bubbling and thick enough that wires of whisk leave a trail, 7–10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in one-quarter of the chopped chocolate until smooth.
- Add remaining chocolate in three additions, whisking after each addition, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Place 1 cup Nutella in a medium bowl and add about ½ cup warm pudding mixture.
- Whisk until smooth, then whisk in remaining pudding mixture until incorporated.
- Cover pudding with plastic, pressing directly onto surface to prevent a skin from forming.
- You can let it cool slightly at this point and serve warm, or chill pudding until completely set, at least 2 hours.
Pudding can be made 3 days ahead. Cover, pressing plastic directly onto surface, and keep chilled.