Have you always wanted to learn how to bake, but just never had the time? Devour this sweet opportunity and join us for our weekly series to Bake with Sharon!
Learn at least one new recipe every week! We will share the ingredient list ahead of time so you can prepare, and we will follow it up with the recipes so you can save your favorites.
RECIPE: Black Magic Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee, cooled
- Splash of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 9×13 greased and floured pan or 9×13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans
- Electric Stand Mixer, paddle attachment (wash once used and reuse for the frosting)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cake Plate or container for cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (325 if a convection oven)
- Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
- Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, splash of balsamic vinegar and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. The batter will be thin.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9×13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9×13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
- Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer.
- Spread frosting on cooled cake.
- Store in cool place for 2-4 days, covered.