Members = ✓ | Non-Members = ✓
Join Health Affairs and Main Street Connect Thursday, October 6, for an in-person, community-based event at Main Street, an accessible and inclusive apartment complex and community center in Rockville, Maryland.
The evening will include a panel discussion about unmet needs in Montgomery County’s disability community and ways to address them, led by Health Affairs Director of Health Equity Vabren Watts, PhD. The event will also include screening of a short film featuring disability rights activist Judy Heumann.
The event will be livestreamed on LinkedIn.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Carol Beatty, Secretary of Disabilities, Maryland Department of Disabilities
- Stacey Herman, Assistant Vice President of Neurodiversity and Community Workforce Development, Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Odile Bruntetto, Chief Aging and Disability Services, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- James Bridgers, Acting Chief Health Officer, Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services
- Gabe Albornoz, Montgomery County Councilmember, Council President, Chair of the Health and Human Services committee, and member of the Public Safety Committee
- Craig Rice, Montgomery County Councilmember, Chair of Education and Culture Committee and member of Health and Human Services Committee
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2022
Time: 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. EDT
Place: Main Street Connect
50 Monroe Place
Rockville, Maryland 20850
(Rockville Metro Station on Red Line)
Parking is available at 51 Monroe Street Garage, directly across from Main Street
Health Affairs thanks Lisa Iezzoni of Harvard Medical School and Javier Robles of Rutgers University, who served as theme issue advisers. We thank the Ford Foundation, the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation for their financial support of this issue.
Health Affairs will provide ASL interpretation, as well as live captioning, for the event. If you have additional access or support requirements in order to participate fully, please contact email@example.com to ensure that we can arrange any reasonable adjustments.