Community Event: Flapjacks & Friends
September 28 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pmFree
Main Street invites you to Flapjacks & Friends, a free event on Saturday, September 28, from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm in Rockville Town Square. We envision a casual, festive street party with several hundred people under a big tent with griddles and flapjacks! Our sponsors will stand side by side with Main Street members and cook flapjacks to serve our inclusive community. We will have live entertainment performed by children and adults of all abilities from local clubs, choirs, cheerleading squads and schools. Please join us as Main Street members, friends, neighbors, grandparents, children, colleagues, local and state politicians, Rockville retailers, donors and sponsors of all ages and stages come together for a greater purpose: to build community and provide a place that values people of all abilities.
Here are some important details about this fun event:
- Food: Delicious flapjacks and coffee will be served. Gluten-free flapjacks will be available.
- Seating: Seating will be very limited.
- Getting there: Click here for details about transportation and parking.
- Weather: We will have two large tents set up in Rockville Town Square for this event so it will go on rain or shine!
- Spreading the word: Please download the flyer and share with family, friends and colleagues!
- Fundraising: Funds raised will support Main Street’s operational budget. Please consider sponsoring this event, making a general donation or donating to a Flapjacks & Friends team. All gifts are greatly appreciated.
- Creating a team: To set up a Flapjacks & Friends team to engage friends, families and colleagues in supporting Main Street, simply contact us to inform us of your team name (e.g. Team Freedman). We will then add your team name to the donation form on this page and you can encourage people to donate there – and hopefully to attend Flapjacks & Friends as well! Teams that raise $1000 or more will have their name listed on the Flapjacks & Friends T-shirt.
- RSVP: This event is free but please RSVP. Those who RSVP by September 7 will receive a Flapjacks & Friends T-shirt! Shirts must be picked up in person at the Flapjacks & Friends event.
All are welcome!