Virtual Member Service Event: Good Deeds Day
Update on 3.19.20: For the health and well-being of all, we are cancelling the Trail Clean Up and Pizza Lunch and encouraging members to participate in virtual volunteer experiences. Please check back for details.
Main Street is partnering with the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington to participate in the annual Sara and Samuel J. Lessans Good Deeds Day on Sunday, April 26. Hundreds of thousands of people from around the globe give back to their communities on Good Deeds Day each year.
Join Main Street members to take care of the beautiful green space in our county! We are excited to continue the work we started last year cleaning up a trail in the Scotland Neighborhood Park. Get some fresh air, enjoy time with Main Street members and give back to our community!
After the trail clean-up, all members are invited to join together for lunch at Gregorio’s. Pizza, salad and beverages will be served for $10 per person.
Please take note of these important details:
- Date: Sunday, April 26
- Location: A trail that is a short walk from Scotland Neighborhood Park, 7700 Scotland Dr., Potomac, MD
- Parking: Park and meet the group in the parking lot of the Bette Carol Thompson Scotland Neighborhood Recreation Center, which is in the Scotland Neighborhood Park. (The center will be closed on Sunday so be aware that bathrooms will not be available.)
- Time: Please arrive at the park between 10:45 – 11 am. Trail work will go from 11 am – 12 pm, followed by pizza and salad at Gregorio’s (Cabin John Village, 7745 Tuckerman Lane, Potomac, MD 20854).
- Transportation: Participants need to have their own transportation to and from the park and Gregorio’s.
- Clothing: Participants must wear closed-toe shoes and long pants.
- Cost: Participation in the service project is FREE. Lunch at Gregorio’s is $10 per person and includes food (pizza and salad) and drink.
- What to bring: Bring a water bottle. Supplies will be provided.
- Accessibility: Unfortunately, this event will not be accessible to all as we will be working on an unpaved trail. Opportunities to participate in Good Deeds Day at an accessible, indoor venue will be available at the Bender JCC.
- Support: Like other Main Street events, this is a “bring your own independence” event. We are not able to provide 1:1 support but participants are welcome to bring others to support them as needed.
Contact us here.