Do you know how to effectively job search?
Do you know top barriers to finding employment during COVID-19 and beyond?
Do you know how to tell if an advertised job is potentially a fake job and what to do to avoid getting scammed by a job lead?
Do you want to learn job search basics and how to overcome barriers to employment?
Join us for this introductory two part workshop facilitated by our partners at The Treatment and Learning Center!
First session is Monday, 11/30, and the second session is Monday, 12/7, both from 1:30 – 2:30 pm.
- Job Search preparation – Be your own Expert
- This lesson is the 101 of what do you need to do to prepare for the job search. It is no longer your parents way of job searching by opening the newspaper. This session will discuss how to prepare to job search and what you need to know in today’s world to get started.
- Job Search websites & Social Media – tour and discussion of the most popular search sites
- This lesson will discuss the role of websites and social media when job searching what should you know and how to best use websites and social media to have success in the job search
- Job Search strategies – Good, bad, old and new
- This lesson focus is the evolution of job searching in the past to present day and how to keep yourself safe when job searching including how to tell if a job opportunity may be a scam.
- Job Search Problems and Solutions
- This lesson will focus on common job search barriers in today’s world and give the audience the opportunity to share challenges they had or are currently having and some tips to solve those challenges.