Summer 2023 Internships – College-Aged Students
Main Street is a respectful work environment where all are valued and encouraged to thrive. We will provide an opportunity for you to understand how the team works cohesively and to experience different focus areas including programming and membership, communication, development and administration. Main Street commits to providing a meaningful internship in which you will have the opportunity to grow, learn, support our team and engage with our community.
Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Understands the overall concept of Main Street, including the vision, mission, brand, programming, membership model, development goals, community and all other aspects of service.
- Engages with community through programming.
- Provides tours to prospective Main Street members.
- Supports Front Desk operations when needed.
- Accepts designated, business-focus projects to research, propose ideas and solutions, and present final projects during the internship.
- Learns and becomes proficient on internal software systems such as NeonCRM, WordPress and Microsoft Office.
Intern Qualifications / Skills:
- Verbal communication
- Customer focus
Important Dates and Schedule Information
Summer 2023 Interns must be available for the following dates:
- Friday, April 21 – Application Deadline
- Wednesday, May 31 – Internship Orientation
- Saturday, June 3 – Community Event
- Sunday, June 11 – Member Event
- Sunday, July 9 – Member Event
- Sunday August 13 – Last Day Celebration
Interns must commit to 15-20 hours each week. Schedules are flexible and will include some weekend and evenings.
Upon successful completion of the summer program, interns will receive a stipend ranging from $1000 – $1500, depending on the intern’s experience level and hours worked during the summer. During their internship, interns also receive a free membership to Main Street, which includes use of the fitness center and access to social, educational, cultural and wellness programs. Interns interested in part-time work after the summer receive a higher rate of pay than those without the internship experience.
We are no longer accepting applications for Summer 2023 Internships.
If you are interested in applying for Fall 2023, please email us.