The Main Street Ambassador Program is a new volunteer initiative where active Main Street PLUS members foster inclusivity by assisting new members, supporting membership outreach, and ensuring a welcoming environment for all.
Ambassadors’ tasks include the following:
- Attend Main Street programs with new members
- Assist with Main Street membership tours and new member orientations
- Attend fairs and presentations to share information about Main Street and membership opportunities
- Write welcome cards to new members
- Help with other membership-related tasks
Ambassadors will work directly with the Membership and Volunteer Manager.
What are the requirements to be an ambassador?
Main Street ambassadors must be:
- An active and engaged PLUS member of Main Street
- Willing to participate in ambassador training
- Available to volunteer at least 10-15 hours per month for six consecutive months
- Reliable and consistent – arriving on time and following through with volunteer commitments
- Able to take initiative and show enthusiasm for Main Street’s mission
How do I become an ambassador?
The steps for becoming a part of the Main Street Ambassador Program are as follows:
- Apply for the program to share your interests and skills.
- Wait to hear from a Main Street staff member about whether we have ambassador opportunities available that match your interests and availability. If a match does not currently exist, Main Street will hold onto your application and reach out when an opportunity becomes available.
- Attend an ambassador training session.
After completing these steps, ambassadors can get started and be a part of building Main Street’s welcoming and inclusive community!
Those interested in becoming an ambassador should reach out to our Membership and Volunteer Manager through this link.