Plus = ✓ |Core = ✓ |Non-Members = ✓
Join Main Street as we give back on Martin Luther King Jr. Day! We know how important pets are to our Main Street community and we are delighted to offer an important service opportunity on MLK Day.
Main Street will join the Presidential Inauguration Committee’s National Day of Service honoring Martin Luther King Jr. Our service project will benefit our local animal shelters and rescues. The Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation is a local organization that finds shelter and homes for the many stray and abandoned dogs and cats. These animals have been tremendously impacted due to Covid 19.
How can you help?
- Donate items and drop off at Main Street on January 15th, 16th, or 17th:
- Donate gently used sheets and towels.
- Donate new dog toys.
- Make dog treats. An easy recipe can be found here.
- Purchase needed items from The Lost Dog and Cat Rescue Foundation’s Amazon wish list and have them sent directly.
- Join us at 4:00pm Jan. 18th via Zoom to share your experience and discuss how and why Giving Matters! – More information here and register here
Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation helps homeless pets find their way to loving homes through rescue and adoption. Since 2001, LDCRF has saved the lives of more than 40,000 homeless pets, most of whom were facing the threat of euthanasia at over-crowded municipal shelters. Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation is overwhelmingly a volunteer-run organization with a small paid staff providing direct care to animals at the Lost Dog & Cat ‘Rescue Care Center’ facility located in Falls Church, Virginia. Many other animals are cared for in our network of volunteer foster homes and some cats are housed at Petsmart Cat Adoption Centers. Every weekend, LDCRF holds off-site adoption events at local PetSmart and PetCo stores and places more than 2,000 dogs and cats per year for adoption.