Main Street residents have the option to sign up for Community Coaching with Daniel, Sam and Henrietta. Coaches and residents meet on Sundays for connection, skill building and fun, and also check in mid-week. The spring 2021 session will include a variety of new activities, opportunities to reset for the week and reinforcement of needed life and social skills.
Session Dates: March 14 – May 23, 2021 (10 weekly and mid-week sessions – no meeting on April 4)
Session Fee: $320.00 (Fees do not include meals or meal ingredients) – Financial aid is available.
Days and Times: Sunday sessions are from 5:00 – 6:15 pm. Mid-week session time will be arranged between coaches and residents.
Format for Sundays: Sunday full group sessions will be a combination of (and sometimes a choice of):
- Masked, socially distanced in-person meetings in Poppy Boy’s Kitchen and Patio (if weather permits), which might include cooking a meal together, playing games, discussions and skill sharing – maybe some in-person yoga and mindfulness opportunities as well
- Community walks and meetings in the park to discuss life topics
- Walks to local restaurants for outdoor dining, socialization and connection
- Virtual discussions, games and connection if the group is unable to meet in person
Format for Mid-Week Check Ins: Mid-week check in sessions will be 15 – 30 minutes long and will allow for small group or 1:1 connections, discussions and skill reinforcement of life topics.
Areas of Focus for Coaching Sessions:
- Engagement and connection:
- Building friendships
- Playing games
- Exploring and enjoying Rockville restaurants
- Life-skill development and exercises and social skill practice:
- Cooking basic recipes together
- Covid safety
- Community safety
- Social skills
- Apartment cleanliness
- Personal hygiene
- Stress, coping and anxiety skill exploration
Registration: Registration is first-come, first-served. 16 spaces are available.
Questions? Contact us