Main Street residents have the option to sign up for Community Coaching. Coaches and residents meet on Sundays for connection, skill building and fun, and also check in during the week.
Dates: 7 sessions from June 13 through August 1, 2021 (No session on Sunday, July 4)
Fee: $245 (Fees do not include meals or meal ingredients.) Financial aid is available.
Days and Times:
- Sundays from 5:00 – 6:15 or 6:30 pm, plus mid-week check ins.
- Mid-week check ins will be 15 – 30 minutes long twice a week at times arranged between coaches and residents.
Format for Sunday Sessions: Sunday sessions will be a combination of the following.
- Masked, socially distanced, in-person meetings in Poppy Boy’s Kitchen and Patio (if weather permits), which might include cooking a meal together, playing games, social skill discussions, role playing and mindfulness activities.
- Community walks and meetings in the park to discuss life and social skill topics.
- Walks to local restaurants for outdoor dining, socialization and connection.
- Virtual discussions, games and connection if we are unable to meet in person.
Format for Mid-Week Sessions: These sessions will be 1:1 or with small groups and will include discussions, reinforcement of life and social skills and an opportunity to practice mindfulness exercises.
Coaching sessions will focus on:
- Engagement and connection
- Building friendships
- Exploring and enjoying Rockville restaurants
- Development of life skills and social skills
- Community safety
- Techniques for reducing anxiety including deep breathing and weekly mindfulness topics
- Social skill practice
- Apartment cleanliness
- Personal hygiene
Registration: Registration is first-come, first-served. 14 spaces are available. Registration will open to all on Monday, May 24. Please check back.
Questions? Contact us